I'm a PhD Candidate and Bradley Fellow in Computer Engineering at Virginia Tech, co-advised by Dr. Al Wicks and Dr. Ryan Williams. I received a Master's in Robotics from Carnegie Mellon University in 2007, with Dr. Red Whittaker as my advisor. I received a B.S.E. in Biomedical and Electrical Engineering from Duke University in 2005. My research interests focus on the design fielding of complex robots, particularly challenges related to the computational side of such systems.
- J. Ziglar, R. Williams, and A. Wicks, “Context-Aware System Synthesis, Task Assignment, and Routing,” ArXiv e-prints, Jun. 2017. arXiv: 1706.04580 [cs.RO]
- Coleman Knabe, Robert Griffin, James Burton, Graham Cantor-Cooke, Laki Dantanaranya, Graham Day, Oliver Ebeling-Koning, Eric Hahn, Michael Hopkins, Jordan Neal, Jackson Newton, Chris Nogales, Viktor Orekhov, John Peterson, Michael Rouleau, John Seminatore, Yoon-chang Sun, Jacob Webb, Nikolaus Wittenstein, Jason Ziglar, Alexander Leonessa, Brian Lattimer, and Tomonari Furukawa. “Team VALOR’s ESCHER: A Novel Electromechanical Biped for the DARPA Robotics Challenge”. Journal of Field Robotics 34.5 (July 2017), pp. 912–939. [pdf]
- Brian Lattimer, Joseph Starr, Joshua McNeil, Chris Nogales, John Peterson, Jason Ziglar, James Burton, Coleman Knabe, Yoon-chang Sung, John Seminatore, Robert Griffin, Dennis Hong, Daniel Lee, Jackson Newton, Viktor Orekhov, Michael Rouleau, Michael Hopkins, and John Farley. “Humanoid Firefighting Robot for Structure Fires”. 14th International Conference and Exhibition on Fire Science and Engineering. 2016.
- Tomonari Furukawa, Lakshitha Dantanarayana, Jason Ziglar, Ravindra Ranasinghe, and Gamini Dissanayake. “Fast Global Scan Matching for High-Speed Vehicle Navigation”. IEEE 2015 International Conference on Multisensor Fusion and Integration for Intelligent Systems. Sept. 2015, pp. 37–42. [pdf]
- Alonzo Kelly, Nicholas Chan, Herman Herman, Daniel F. Huber, Roberty Meyers, Peter Rander, Randy Warner, Jason Ziglar, and Erin Capstick. “Real-time photorealistic virtualized reality interface for remote mobile robot control,” The International Journal of Robotics Research, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 384–404, Oct. 2010 [pdf]
- Daniel Huber, Herman Herman , Alonzo Kelly , Peter Rander and Jason Ziglar, “Real-time Photo-realistic Visualization of 3D Environments for Enhanced Tele-operation of Vehicles,” in 2009 IEEE 12th International Conference on Computer Vision Workshops, ICCV Workshops, 2009, pp. 1518–1525 [pdf]
- Matthew McNaughton, Christopher R. Baker, Tugrul Galatali, Bryan Salesky, Christopher Urmson and Jason Ziglar, “Software Infrastructure for an Autonomous Ground Vehicle,” Journal of Aerospace Computing Information and Communication, vol. 5, no. 12, pp. 491–505, 2008 [pdf]
- K. Peterson, J. Ziglar, and P. E. Rybski, “Fast feature detection and stochastic parameter estimation of road shape using multiple LIDAR,” in IEEE/RSJ 2008 International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, 2008, pp. 612–619 [pdf]
- Christopher Urmson, Joshua Anhalt, Hong Bae, J. Andrew (Drew) Bagnell, Christopher R. Baker, Robert E. Bittner, Thomas Brown, M. N. Clark, Michael Darms, Daniel Demitrish, John M. Dolan, David Duggins, David Ferguson, Tugrul Galatali, Christopher M. Geyer, Michele Gittleman, Sam Harbaugh, Martial Hebert, Thomas Howard, Sascha Kolski, Maxim Likhachev, Bakhtiar Litkouhi, Alonzo Kelly, Matthew McNaughton, Nick Miller, Jim Nickolaou, Kevin Peterson, Brian Pilnick, Raj Rajkumar, Paul Rybski, Varsha Sadekar, Bryan Salesky, Young-Woo Seo, Sanjiv Singh, Jarrod M. Snider, Joshua C. Struble, Anthony (Tony) Stentz, Michael Taylor, William (Red) L. Whittaker, Ziv Wolkowicki, Wende Zhang and Jason Ziglar. “Autonomous Driving in Urban Environments : Boss and the Urban Challenge,” Journal of Field Robotics Special Issue on the 2007 DARPA Urban Challenge, Part I, Vol. 25, No. 8, pp. 425-466, June, 2008 [pdf]
- Jason Ziglar, David Kohanbash, David Wettergreen and William (Red) L. Whittaker , “Plowing for Controlled Steep Crater Descents,” International Symposium on Artificial Intelligence, Robotics and Automation in Space, 2008 [pdf]
- Jason Ziglar, “Rover Configuration for Exploring Lunar Craters,” Master’s thesis, Robotics Institute, Carnegie Mellon University, Dec. 2007 [pdf]
- Jason Ziglar, David Kohanbash, David Wettergreen and William (Red) L. Whittaker, “Technologies toward lunar crater exploration,” 0740, Robotics Institute, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA, Tech. Rep. CMU-RI-TR-07-40, 2007 [link]
- Christopher Urmson, Joshua Anhalt, J. Andrew (Drew) Bagnell, Christopher R. Baker, Robert E. Bittner, John M. Dolan, David Duggins, David Ferguson , Tugrul Galatali, Hartmut Geyer, Michele Gittleman, Sam Harbaugh, Martial Hebert , Thomas Howard, Alonzo Kelly , David Kohanbash, Maxim Likhachev , Nick Miller, Kevin Peterson, Raj Rajkumar, Paul Rybski, Bryan Salesky, Sebastian Scherer, Young-Woo Seo, Reid Simmons, Sanjiv Singh, Jarrod M. Snider, Anthony (Tony) Stentz , William (Red) L. Whittaker and Jason Ziglar, “Tartan Racing: A Multi-Modal Approach to the DARPA Urban Challenge,” Carnegie Mellon University, Tech. Rep., Apr. 2007 [link]
- Christopher Urmson, Joshua Anhalt, Daniel Bartz, Michael Clark, Tugrul Galatali, Alexander Gutierrez, Sam Harbaugh, Joshua Johnston, Hiroki Kato, Phillip L. Koon, William Messner, Nick Miller, Aaron Mosher, Kevin Peterson, Charlie Ragusa, David Ray, Bryon K. Smith, Jarrod M. Snider, Spencer Spiker, Joshua C. Struble, Jason Ziglar and William (Red) L. Whittaker, “A Robust Approach to High-Speed Navigation for Unrehearsed Desert Terrain,” Journal of Field Robotics, vol. 23, no. 8, pp. 467–508, Aug. 2006 [pdf]
- Kenneth Stratton, Luis Bojarski, Peter Rander, Randon Warner, Jason Ziglar, “System and method for terrain mapping,” US 09322148, 2015